Klaudia Garncarz garners success in Indoor Track

Sprinting up hills in the fall and enduring the heat of the spring sun has prepared senior Klaudia Garncarz for huge performances for the Lady Hawks of Indoor Track.

One might think that a top ten performance is something to struggle for in any sport, yet Klaudia has made it look easy this winter. She has had at least a top ten performance in every race she has participated in this Indoor Track season. Building on a strong performance in the Mayor’s Cup Cross Country Championships, Klaudia is looking to end her Indoor career with a bang.

Discussing this year’s Indoor Track season, Klaudia said, “I am definitely a long distance runner and my favorite races differ with season, but during the current Indoor season my favorite race is the 1500 and 800 meter race.” Her preference for these two events is evident, as Klaudia led the Lady Hawks to two top five and a seventh place finish in the 4x 800 meter relay event. In addition, Klaudia placed second twice in the pole vault this season, already accomplishing a mile’s worth of accolades with more of the season still to come.

Fellow senior captain Katie Kang had nothing but praise for Klaudia. “I’m so glad that she’s part of our team and it’s wonderful to be captain with her. She’s so helpful when trying to get 50 plus girls to do something as a team. Our team wouldn’t be complete without her.”

Klaudia’s work ethic and leadership have inspired the underclassmen on the team to perform at the very highest level. Sophomore Yelena Dzhanova said, “She’s really supportive of everyone on the team, and is one of the best pole vaulters you will ever meet. Klaudia is one of the most determined people I’ve ever met, and she’s always there for you when you need her, as a captain, as a friend or as a person.”

From the hills to the arenas, Klaudia Garncarz has earned the honor of December’s Female Athlete of the Month.