Lady Hawks roll over Lewis

Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.
Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.

This past Tuesday, the Townsend Harris girls’ bowling team obliterated Francis Lewis, 3-0.  This was their first win following their first loss in over two years to Thomas Edison on October 11.

Senior Jamie Pfeiffer led the way with a career-high score of 180 in game “A.”  This score also stood as the highest one in the game.  Junior Gabriella Zygaldo also bowled a career-high score of 98.  The “B” team for THHS redeemed itself after being a main reason for the loss to Thomas Edison.  The team played so well, in fact, that the regulars for the “C” team were permitted to bowl instead of the “A” team, taking their place to give THHS a better chance of winning the final game.

The Hawks came out swinging in Game A, with the team of Ellen Huynh, Jamie Pfeiffer, Michelle Scheweiger, and Morgan Wu combining for a total score of 523, beating Lewis’s “A” team score of 452.  The rest of the games would follow  suit.  Townsend’s “B” team, comprised of Georja Fotiou, Rebecca Lee, Shavana Singh, and Veronica Nguyen combined for a score of 407 that beat the Patriot’s 386.  In Game C, Gabriella Zygaldo, Jada Allred, Mya Allen, and Rhadika Patel put up a score of 371 that easily beat Francis Lewis’s score of 321.

The girls will bowl against the undefeated Queens High School of Science at York College on Wednesday.