Summer Flicks

The sun is up more during the day, but we all know that the wildness starts as soon as it sets. In I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997, available via most Internet sources), four teens hit a stranger on the road and ditch the body, fearing the police won’t believe it was an accident. Afterwards, strange things begin happening to them, forcing the group to confront their wrongdoing before they are killed. This is perfect for a sleepover and will remind you to make wise choices on cool summer nights.

What do you get when you cross a popular vacation spot with aliens from outer space and beautiful traditional animation? Lilo & Stitch: The Series (2003 – 2006, available via most Internet sources), covers Lilo and Stitch’s new mission to rescue Stitch’s fellow experiments and find them a proper home in the Hawaiian islands, offering signature Disney charm suitable for all audiences.

Celebrate freedom with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986, available everywhere). Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) gets his best friend and girlfriend out of school and spend time at Chicago landmarks. This classic captures the joy of not being at school beautifully.

As we say our goodbyes, don’t forget that your binge-watching can be diverse. Embrace the hidden gems of Hollywood, and keep on giving the lesser known beauts a chance. Have fun, and happy summer watching!