Blockbusters temporarily blocked by COVID-19

Due to the COVID-19 virus and quarantine, movies are getting pushed back, impacting the entertainment industry and people around the world. Here are some movies that we can’t wait to watch after social distancing restrictions are lifted. 

• Black Widow 
    • Delayed Release Date: November 6, 2020

The long-awaited backstory of the infamous Black Widow has been postponed. This movie is a prequel set between the events of Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. Surprisingly, Marvel Studios has confirmed that the upcoming film will not be R-rated but rather PG-13, which means that this movie is safe to watch with your younger siblings! In the meantime, try watching any of the Avenger movies that you may have missed: you won’t regret it!

• Fantastic Beasts 3
    • Delayed Release Date: November 12, 2021

Fantastic Beasts 3 is building towards a massive wizarding war. Since 2016, the Fantastic Beasts franchise has served as a prequel to the beloved Harry Potter films. The 2018 installment Fantastic Beast: The Crimes of Grindelwald set the stage for the showdown between the protagonists and Grindelwald’s followers. Fantastic Beasts 3 looks to continue increasing the stakes. So grab your wands and prepare for battle!

• Fast and Furious 9
    • Delayed Release Date: April 2, 2021

Fast and Furious 9 is squealing its tires towards a cinema near you, eventually. Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his crew of multi-talented drivers and tech experts return for Fast and Furious 9, the ninth of the series – or tenth if you include Hobbs & Shaw. There’s a long wait ahead given the movie’s new 2021 release date, but this gives you plenty of time before Fast and Furious 9 revs up. In the meantime, if you aren’t already hyped for this latest addition, start binging the movies that are already available!

• Mulan
    • Delayed Release Date: July 24, 2020

Have you watched the original Disney version of Mulan? If you haven’t, you could take some time to watch this classic childhood favorite. More than 20 years later, Disney is recapturing Mulan’s journey in a live-action remake. Although Mushu will not take part in her expedition, the trailer hints that the remake will reveal certain aspects of Mulan that were never explored in the classic.

• The Batman 
    • Delayed Release Date: June 25, 2021

The Dark Knight series has grown to become one of the most famous trilogies in the history of superhero movies, serving as the unattainable model to subsequent hero movies. Christian Bale will not return to the big screen this time as the masked crusader, but in 2021, it will be interesting to see Robert Pattinson take on the role of the the Dark Knight. Will he live up to the expectations set by the previous vigilante? We’ll have to wait for the movie’s release to find out.

• Wonder Woman 1984
    • Delayed Release Date: August 14th, 2020

If you watched the 2017 Wonder Woman, you might recognize it as part of the ninth installment in the DC Extended Universe. Since Wonder Woman 1984 is the direct sequel to that movie, we recommend that you add the 2017 Wonder Woman movie to your to-watch list. In this production, Wonder Woman faces off with the infamous villainess Cheetah, and Maxwell Lord. This battle is definitely going to be worth the wait!

We hope this has provided you with something to look forward to after the quarantine. Until then, stay safe and take care!