Looking for the best way to stay hydrated this summer? Here’s a review of ARC water bottles.

Earlier this month, The Classic received three shipments of Arc water bottles to review. Just as our reviewing department has received access to early film screenings for review, and our tech reviewers have received Spigen phone cases for review, we are now moving into other kinds of products that students heavily rely on. With summer finally here, staying hydrated is increasingly important, and what’s a better way to remember than motivational water bottles? Stylish water bottles that last and serve to impress can lead to making healthier decisions. With that in mind, we asked Arcana, the company behind their environmentally friendly Arc bottles, to send some of their products for review. They responded by sending a shipment of multiple bottles, and what follows are our thoughts. 

Available in different colors, sizes, and with different choices for insulation, all the bottles are labeled with a stylistic geometric shape that makes them a great fit for any trip. The shipments sent to The Classic included a set of [normal] bottles and a set of insulated bottles. The reviewers used various bottles for an extended period, testing their quality over time in a number of different scenarios. 

A refillable water bottle not only keeps someone hydrated but it helps cut down on plastic waste. There are numerous water bottles on the market, but which one is worth your money? Many water bottles have come in and out of style in the past decade. At one point many had a hydro flask phase or were still rocking the famously shaped stainless steel S’well bottles. 

With self care becoming increasingly important since the start of quarantine, many have tried to drink more water and exercise. After our trial period, we would say there are few better ways to do it than with an Arc Bottle. The sleek design along with the convenient time markers remind consumers to stay hydrated. The regular bottles are made of BPA free non toxic frosted tritan plastic, and the insulated ones are made from food grade stainless steel. On Amazon, they offer these two basic types of water bottles. There are three different colors to choose from, black, white (clear), and rose gold (pink). In addition, their products are 32-ounces with the exception of the 74-ounce bottles (the 32-ounce bottles with time markers on them encourage you to refill them once a day at noon). 

Susan and Vivian review two different models of ARC water bottles. See links below for each.

Non-Insulated Arc Water Bottles

Insulated Arc Water Bottles

Both bottles are aesthetically pleasing and hold enough water for students to go through a typical school day. However, it is important to mention that the bottles add some weight to backpacks. The insulated bottles may be better suited for staff members, who do not have to carry a heavy backpack and will be staying at school for longer hours. The weight, however, might also encourage students to drink more so their bags could be lighter.

The main trade-off are the time markers. Since the insulated bottles are not transparent, they do not have the time tables to help you keep track of how much and how frequently you’ve been staying hydrated. We found that the time markers were helpful, and created conversation between people who had similar bottles. It almost kicked off contests to see who could stay the most hydrated, helping to nurture a healthy mindset. The insulated bottles, of course, were more effective at keeping your water cool, so if that matters more to you (especially during the heat of summer) then it might be worth it to choose those over the models with the time markers. 

In comparison to other bottles on the market, the price [$24] is not on the high end of expensiveness, but it might still be less affordable for students. The water bottle is very durable and does not have a problem with leaks. The only area where we would improve would be the screw on caps of the bottles. Although they are aesthetically pleasing, they tend to accumulate visible scratch marks over time if you are clumsy (as many students might be). 

Something unexpected was the color of the bottles under light. The standard plastic pink or black bottles by themselves are not the prettiest. Once it is placed in a room where a source of light is available, the bottles look better when water is filled. The range of color options give consumers a lot to choose from, and when you take both form and function into account, each option is worth the price.