Get extreme this spring!

It seems the daredevils amongst us have been pulling off crazy stunts since the beginning of time. While some may quickly declare these daredevils as crazy or stupid, others are inspired to try it themselves.  Soon everyone is waiting on line to do anything that involves falling from big hights or has the word “extreme” in front of it. Let’s look at some of these extreme sports.

Zombie Race                                                                                                                                                                        It seems that Riverhead, NY has been taken over by zombies. “The Walking Dead” has certainly had its influences. There are both runner and crawler zombies who attempt to take  colored flags from joggers. Each jogger starts out with 3 flags, and when all three are taken, they are dead. But if you manage to survive this 5k course, you are given gift cards. Although the gift cards may not sound so enticing, the prospect of helping to bring funding to Special Olympics New York should. Also, there is the after party and the fun that comes with it.

3186 Sound Avenue                                                                                                                                           Riverhead, New York 11901                                     http://www.zombierace.co/index.php#.U0RpaK1dXno

Chelsea Piers Rock Climbing                                                                                                                                    The weather hasn’t been the best for the past couple months. And even now, with a few breaks of sunshine, it is still a bit chilly outside. But what is there to do in these few lenient months of no running outside for gym? To answer that, you would have to travel to Manhattan to see Chelsea Piers. In Chelsea Piers lies an indoor rock climbing course that offers both private lessons and recreational climbing. This seems quite normal, right? Well, we haven’t talked about the footholds on the ceiling or its 46’ high main wall. These features of this renowned climbing wall provide a challenge for the average Harrisite.

62 Chelsea Piers                                                                                                                                                             New York, NY 10011                                                                                                http://www.chelseapiers.com/

Bounce!                                                                                                                                                                        Imagine a room built entirely of trampolines, even trampolines on the walls. That’s what you’ll find at Bounce! Bounce! has a variety of trampoline courts, including some built for trampoline dodgeball and slam-dunk trampoline basketball. It also has two huge foam block pits ready for you to jump into. Grab your friends and form a team for trampoline dodgeball, or schedule some open bounce time. While Bounce! may be a little difficult to get to (locations are in Syosset, Poughkeepsie, and Valley Cottage) it is definitely worth the trip.

612 Corporate Way                                                                                                                                                     Valley Cottage, NY 10989                                                                                         http://bounceonit.com/valley-cottage/