Pitch Perfect 2 hits all the right notes

Artwork by Jenner Chen

Artwork </a><figcaption id=Artwork by Jenner Chen

“Aca-scuse me, there’s a sequel?”

The Barden Bellas are back and funnier than ever.  The long awaited sequel to the 2012 hit

Pitch Perfect is finally here and fans will not be disappointed.  The entire gang is reunited featuring leads Becca (Anna Kendrick,) Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson,) and Chloe (Brittany Snow), and this time the Bellas are competing to win the World Championships in order to keep their place in the League of Acapella. They’ll face a new rival, Das Sound Machine, and have to compete in crazy musical challenges and competitions in order to be reinstated.

The movie did not fall short of star power including cameos by Jason Jones, Snoop Dogg, Pentatonix, and even the Green Bay Packers.  The movie also contains an original song, “Flashlight,” written by Sam Smith and Sia and sung predominantly by the Bellas’ freshman recruit, Emily (Hailee Steinfeld.)

There is always a lot of pressure for a sequel to live up to the original.  Pitch Perfect 2 did fall a little flat in comparison to the first movie but dedicated fans will still enjoy experiencing nostalgia and seeing beloved characters create new adventures, romances, and musical performances. Even though the plot may not be as memorable and the musical performances not as exciting as the first, the sequel is sure to leave you feeling “aca-awesome.”