Boys bowling competes but misses the win

After being forced to forfeit the match on October 1 against Francis Lewis High School, the boys bowling team returned the next day,  with a thirst for victory. Despite their best efforts, victory escaped the team as they lost 3 to 0 against Flushing High School.

The team’s previous forfeit was attributed to a lack of players. PSAL, also known as the Public School Athletic League, dictates that for a bowling team to legally compete there must be at least 8 legal players. The team, unfortunately, had only 6 legal players and a 7th who lacked the necessary forms to compete.

With a forced forfeit and a loss to Benjamin N. Cardozo High School, the team was desperate for a win. Much to the team’s dismay, the pins did not fall in their favor. The team lost each game by at least 150 pins despite bowling a high 490 in game A and a high 390 in Game B.

Regardless of the loss, freshman Kennis Kong distinguished himself throughout the game, supporting team A with his average of 110 pins.Team captain Daniel Wuest once again held the team’s highest score with 155 pins.

When asked about the team performance, Daniel replied, “We definitely tried our hardest. I just think that the pins weren’t in our favor.” Junior Caleb Hong agreed, although he did feel the team needed to work on their concentration and focus.

While victory may have slipped through the team’s hand this time, they expect to return even stronger on October 8 to seize their first win. Daniel explained that the loss didn’t dishearten him, but instead spurred him to work harder for the next victory.