Girls bowling loses to Stuyvesant after a successful season

Photo by Catherine Ng
Photo by Catherine Ng

After a successful season of 10 wins to 1 loss, the girls bowling team in the Queens I League Division lost to Stuyvesant High School in game A 545-473, and game B 447-415 in the playoffs. Despite some difficulties, there were some great saves.

On the A team, Senior Radhika Patel displayed a fantastic showing, being the only player out of both teams to bowl a three strikes in a row. The fourth time, she bowled a spare, ending the day with a bowling average of 161, her highest average during this whole season. Yesterday, during individuals, she also placed 12th in Queens.

Junior Jessica Lung managed to clinch a spare after bowling a pin that was difficult to knock down. She then bowled a strike for the 2nd round.

On the B team, senior Jada Allred carried the team with a bowling average of 119, which was even higher than Stuyvesant’s highest bowling average of 107.

Despite the loss, sophomore Hee Jin Kang stated, “I am happy that our team made it this far.”

Last year, it was a Staten Island team that ended the playoff hopes for the girls varsity bowling team. Nonetheless, this marks yet another year that the team has made it to the playoffs after performing well throughout the regular season.