Sophomores go on annual grade trip to Jib Lanes

Elvis Chan
The Class of 2026 participate in their grade trip.

On October 13, the Class of 2026 attended the Halloween-themed Sophomore Bowling Trip to Jib Lanes, a bowling alley near THHS.

Freshman-Sophomore Class President Shaw Williams said: “It was great for students to have their first event, and it was a lot of fun. It went very successfully, and I hope to plan more like this in the future.”

Students were notified about the trip via the Student Union 2026 Instagram page. After a short bus ride to the venue, students bowled two games, and afterwards had the option to enjoy a meal and participate in an interactive costume contest. Students had to pay a registration fee of $15 in order to attend the event.

The trip’s faculty advisor, Senior Advisor Blayne Gelbman said, “It was a relatively easy event to plan, logistically. [It was] a good social experience for the students and allowed them to build community.”

“I enjoyed having time with my friends, hanging out, and I am glad they gave us the time to do that during a school day. I also enjoyed the food, particularly the buffalo wings,” said sophomore Joshua Pintor, “However, I found there to be a lack of space [in the bowling alley],” he said.

Sophomore Michael Lugo also enjoyed the trip, “It was a nice comfortable place for us to get away [from school] for at least a little bit. Next year, I would suggest making the trip a little bit earlier and allowing the class to bowl more games,” he said.

For the costume contest, students who attended the trip had the option to dress up and compete for the cash prize of $10. The top three winning contestants include sophomores Aiden Benitez as Spiderman, Christian Chan as the Templar Knight, and Bryson De Los Santos as Emperor Kuzco from The Emperor’s New Groove.

Bryson said, “I liked the event as it was a great way to have fun with friends, even if you aren’t experienced [with bowling]. The costume contest also really added to the fun. There isn’t much I would improve about the trip for next year, although I would’ve liked to see more students dressed in costumes.”

Sophomore Vaibhvi Patel who didn’t attend the trip said, “[she] would love to see something similar in the future [for juniors].”