Jessica Ramdhany- New Biology Teacher

Background

Ms. Ramdhany, a Long Island native, holds a BS in biology and received her Masters in Secondary Sciences from Hofstra University. “I love the endless possibilities of the classroom, and creating inquiry-based activities. I love making new lessons because they push me as a teacher to look at concepts in new ways so that I can present them to different types of learners (and mostly because teaching science is intrinsically fun).”

After considering many different careers and majors, she fell in love with biology. Knowing that she would regret not becoming a teacher if she never tried, she went for it, and teaching caught ahold of her.

Passion

“I love the endless possibilities of the classroom, and creating inquiry-based activities. I love making new lessons because they push me as a teacher to look at concepts in new ways so that I can present them to different types of learners (and mostly because teaching science is intrinsically fun).”

Reception

“Ms. Ramdhany is very open and friendly. She genuinely cares for her students. I know that she wants me to do my very best this school year.”

– Bethany Leung, Freshman