David Stern- New Physics Teacher

Background

Mr. Stern, an alumnus of John F. Kennedy High School, attended Binghamton University for his  Bachelor of Arts in Physics, later pursuing his Masters at Hofstra University. At the end of his high school career, Mr. Stern knew definitively that he wanted to be a high school Physics teacher. A passion for instruments and singing both a cappella and in barbershop quartets has shaped him into the person he is today.

Passion

Mr. Stern  attended Binghamton University for his  Bachelor of Arts in Physics. “I want my legacy to be one that inspires students to strive every day to become the best iteration of themselves. I want students to look back on their time in my classroom and remember how I pushed them that much closer to fulfilling their true potential. I want students to feel infected with a passion for learning that stays with them forever. Henry Adams once said, ‘A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.’ Nothing would be sweeter than that.”

Reception

“He’s a pretty nice person who is funny and also very relatable. He also promised to be lenient to his students, knowing how much pressure we have from other classes, with several opportunities to boost our grade. So he’s overall a great person with a lot to offer.”

-Fardhen Hossain, Junior