Munch on this

Located on Austin Street in Forest Hills, Munch is a halal burgers and wings spot gaining popularity among many Harrisites. Munch is situated on the upper portion of a glass building and the clear red and white logo can be seen from the exterior.

Munch has a large offering including various types of burgers, wings, fries, sandwiches, and more. All the food we tried came in large portions and was quite flavorful. The “5 Alarm Burger” really stood out for its spicy taste and crispy chicken. The “5 Alarm Burger” came with jalapenos, mayonnaise, a rich and creamy Munch sauce, and melted pepper jack cheese on a toasted bun.

The wings are also a very popular item at Munch, and are a must have if you go. You can mix and match various different flavors of wings. Our favorite flavors were Mango Habanero, Sweet Chili, and Teriyaki. The wings are packed full of flavor and deliver a tasty sensation with every bite.

The seating at Munch is limited, however they do have some seating inside and outside on the terrace. When we arrived at lunch time, we had to wait a while for our seats. The staff was very accommodating, and offered quick service.

Although the food was amazing at Munch, the overall building itself was quite small and crowded. We could not imagine what the area would be like during the lunch rush. Seating would most likely be impossible and it would take a while for your food to be prepared. We waited approximately 15 minutes for our order, so we would recommend that you take time limits into account if you decide to feast at Munch.

However if you do manage to get lunch from this popular place, we suggest getting their lunch special. For about $7 you can get a half serving of a sandwich, fries, and a soda. Alternatively, you can choose to replace the sandwich with a 6 piece order of wings in a flavor of your choosing.

One of the most attractive characteristics of Munch is that all the meat is halal. As a Muslim in the United States, it can be difficult to find restaurants that serve halal meat. Munch offers a great alternative for Muslim Harrisites that want to eat out but are tired of the basic halal cart food. Munch offers American-styles foods that can now be experienced by Muslims, without having to worry about their food not being halal.

Overall we would definitely recommend Munch to anyone that wants delicious food on the go, especially our Muslim Harrisites who want to try something different that is also halal.

Photo courtesy of Asiya Koli.