Former Girls Soccer Captain Visits at Dozo Game

Senior captain Olivia McFadden inbounds the ball. Photo by Maya Grodzka.
Senior captain Olivia McFadden inbounds the ball.
Photo by Maya Grodzka.

On Sunday, October 20, the girls soccer team lost to Benjamin Cardozo High School, 4 to 1. With the season winding down to its final games, the girls did not qualify for playoffs this year. Last year, however, they did. On Sunday’s game, the team’s former captain Bashe Miller came back to support her former teammates.

Sophomore Dina Goodger said, “Having Bashe there was really cool since we haven’t seen her in so long. I think it made us push a little harder.”

Junior Paula Fraczek added, “It was really great to have her back; it brought back memories from last year. The team misses her a lot.”

In the first half of the game, Cardozo made three goals. THHS wasn’t able to convert on any of their shots in that half, but in the second, senior captain Olivia McFadden made the team’s first and only point. Olivia attempted a shot and Paula trailed the ball to make sure it went into the goal. With a final score of 4-1, THHS, ranked sixth in the division, lost to the second best team of their division.

Sophomore Kristine Guillaume hopes to finish the season with a win. She said, “I’m hoping to close our season with a win on Tuesday. Hopefully, a lot of us can get the goals we’ve been wanting all season and no one gets hurt in the process. Soccer’s a game we all love. We want to go out there, play our best, and enjoy it.”

The teams next game is Tuesday, October 22 at the William C. Bryant Campus Field where the seniors will gear up for the last time in their high school varsity career.