JV Volleyball strikes again defeating the Cardozo Lady Judges

\

Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.
Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.

On October 29 THHS’s JV girls volleyball soared into the Martin Van Buren Gym leaving victorious with a win against Cardozo High School. After losing their first game of the season against Cardozo the girls were able to pull together and take home the win. The game ended with a score of two sets to one.

Going into the first set, the girls were determined to put their all into the rematch against the team that prevented them from a perfect record. Despite their efforts, the Lady Hawks were not able to defeat Cardozo, losing the first set 25-20. The girls were highly motivated and pushed aside previous issues to take it all in the end.

In the second set, Townsend displayed great communication and worked hard as a team, winning the set 25-20. Sophomore Emmaly Diana supported her team stating, “our communication was good and everyone’s serving was on point. We played a great game!” On top of their great communication on and off the court the there was one player who truly shine. Sophomore Ivy Lamb played a great game with two kills, one of which according to Coach Lymberatos was the best hit of the game.

In the third and final set both teams were ready to battle and leave it all on the floor. Townsend came out on top and defeated the Cardozo Lady Judges with a final score of 25-22. An overall great game for the Townsend Girls.

The girls left the game with confidence and in great spirits finishing their season off strong. Sophomore Kellie Zestanakis said, “We deserved it and in the end we played like a team and brought the win.” Although the girls may have struggled with communication in the past they were able to put their issues aside bringing them to victory. Sophomore Esther Kim says, ”We proved to them [Cardozo] and the rest of the division that we are capable of much more as a unified team.”

The Girls JV team is definitely a force not to be reckoned with, Townsend is now ranked second with a 4-1 record behind Francis Lewis High School. Townend’s next and final game of the season will be held on November 1 against Martin Van Buren at John Bowne. The girls hope to put their experience from past games to good use at their final game of the season.