Girls bowling finishes season with a loss

Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.
Art by Parina Kaewkrajang.

On November 7, the girls varsity bowling team had their last game of the season when they faced off against Queens HS of Science at York College. In their previous matchup, Queens HS of Science at York College walked away with the victory.

The team was excited to take on Queens HS of Science at York College showing great enthusiasm before the game. Senior Jamie Pfeiffer said, “we are all red we are really pumped and excited. Yes, we are going against York who we lost to last time and we need to win this time because we lost by four pins and now we are going to kick butt.”

In Game “A” the  Lady Hawks won with by  twenty pins, 528-508.  Every member of the Harris “A” squad bowled scores over 100 and senior Ellen Huynh bowled a career-high 175.

In Game “B” the Lady Hawks lost, 474-387. Ms. Assante kept cheering them on when the “B” game began to slip away from them.

In Game “C” the girls had a score of 497 but unfortunately lost to York which scored 529 pins. Despite bowling the “A” team for the decisive Game “C,” the Lady Hawks would lose the match, two games to one.

Ellen said, “it was really close for the first game I was really happy to get what I got but I wish I could have done better in the “C” game but I still did a pretty good job in my opinion.”

After the game Ms. Assante said, “I am very proud of my girls, I am always proud of my girls.  They bowled very well. They didn’t lose; they got out bowled. The other team bowled just a little bit better.”

“We are just going to do what we did all season and my girls have been solid and they’re dedicated and they worked really hard so I can only ask them to keep doing that,” continued Ms. Assante.

The Hawks end the season tied for second place with Thomas Edison with a record of 9 wins and 4 loses.

The first two rounds of the playoffs will begin next week and the Invitiational Showcase will be held next Wednesday- Seniors Jamie Pfeiffer and Morgan Wu will represent themselves and the Hawks.

This match also marked the final regular season match for six seniors: Ellen Huynh, Rebecca Lee, Veronica Nguyen, Jamie Pfeiffer, Mahwish Waseem and Morgan Wu.