Boys basketball wins in final seconds

The boys basketball team brings their record to an even 3-3 with a win against the High School for Law Enforcement and Public Safety on December 16. The game was very close, with THHS winning by only two points. The final score was 48-46.

The game started with THHS taking an early 12-4 lead at the end of the first quarter. Both teams gave up many turnovers, but the Hawks were able to convert the other team’s turnovers into points, unlike their opponents.  As the game progressed, the score grew closer and the intensity of the game rose. The spectators in the stands watching the game loudly cheered on the home team.

Junior Milan Majstorovic brings the ball up the court. Photo Credit: Reon Chang.
Junior Milan Majstorovic brings the ball up the court.
Photo by Reon Chang.

Junior Milan Majstorovic continues to play well. He scored 20 points, the most of any Hawk for that night. In the fourth quarter, the lead often exchanged between the two teams. At times there was only a one point difference between the two teams’ scores. In the end, the score was tied at 46, when HSLEAPS fouled a Harris player, who made his free throws, bringing them home another victory.

The team seemed confident after their win. Junior Jozef Nikaj said, “I believe the team played with heart and that was what led us to win the game. We stayed focused and we were determined to win the game.