Girls Indoor Track: Hispanic Games

On January 4, the girls indoor track team traveled to the Armory Track to compete in the Hispanic Games. The meet, which was originally supposed to be held on January 3, was rescheduled due to the inclement weather. The girls competed against schools from throughout the Tri-State Area and Long Island in the 1500 meter race walk, pole vault, 4×200 meter relay, and the mile run. At the end of the day, THHS finished 47th out of 61 teams. The girls excelled in the race walk events. In the freshman-sophomore 1500 meter race walk, sophomores Patricia Wang and Wendy Liu earned medals, placing fifth and ninth respectively. Additionally, sophomore Hannah Yoo set a personal record of 9:01. In the varsity 1500 meter race walk, senior captain Sophia Mahin medaled with a time of 7:33 and junior Karen Su set a personal record of 7:59. Senior captain Esther Jou was one inch away from qualifying for city championships in the varsity triple jump. Sophomore pole vaulter Kellie Zestanakis did not clear the height in the varsity pole vault. She said, “It would have been easier to compete on Friday.” The girls will next compete in the Millrose Trials on January 15 at the Armory Track-weather permitting.

Made by Kristine Guillaume.
Made by Kristine Guillaume.