Boys basketball falls to .500

After a loss to The Scholars’ Academy on January 7, the boys basketball team’s record becomes even again at 4-4 . The team began the game with a rough start, giving up many turnovers and committing many fouls early on in the game. This enabled Scholars’ to gain a sizeable lead in the first half. However, Harris came back in the second half, appearing to have more life in their game. Junior Jason Nieh had seven three point field goals, and those 21 points allowed the team to get within 10 points of the lead in the third quarter. However, the team’s foul troubles continued,  leading to Scholars’ pulling the lead away with many points from free throws. Senior captain Edward Lu shared his thoughts on the game: “I think we had a very messy first half. Scholars’ ran a 1-3-1 half court trap and we couldn’t break it, and there were terrible decisions made by the players. I also think its due to inexperience on the roster; only several guys on the team really know how to handle those situations.”

Made by Samantha Prevot.
Made by Samantha Prevot.