Black Friday’s best deals

The milky grey condensation on the automatic doors slowly evaporate as lights flicker and the sign hanging on the glass is flipped from CLOSED to OPEN. Ten minutes later, every shelf against the walls is empty, save for one sad, broken toy, the rustling of plastic bags fill every checkout aisle, and a group of onlookers huddle curiously around a pair of women struggling over a flat screen television, one bloody and bruised and the other, clothing disarranged and marred. Welcome to Black Friday Mania. This year, instead of spending your 12:00am Friday morning deliberating what to buy and ultimately not getting it because you wasted that time debating it, check out the Black Friday Must Haves curated especially for Harrisites, such as yourself.

Technology: The star of every student’s Black Friday lineup, and the MVP of keeping one organized and on task- the Laptop. The HP 14” touch-screen laptop has the functions of both a laptop and a tablet. Use it as any laptop or when note taking is necessary, fold it up and use your touchscreen and stylus too. This do-it-all machine is now priced at $399, down from $549.

Nothing can be more therapeutic than cuddling up in bed with a warm cup of cocoa and a good book. With the Kindle Fire HD 8, have access to millions of books at your fingertips, all on a beautiful 8 inch tablet and 16 gigabytes of internal memory to store your newest love story or coveted Harry Potter collection, all with 4 colors to choose from on Bestbuy, now on sale for $50.

Music: Bestbuy is offering a huge deal on Beats headphones this year. Their over-the-ear studio headphones, are now on sale for $160 from $380, a hefty sum, but an investment well made for music enthusiasts. If headphones aren’t your thing, no worries- earphones are also an option. The Jaybird Freedom F5 wireless earphones will be a mere $49, down $100 compared to its original $149 price tag.

If sharing music is more in sync with how you listen to music, then skip all of the above and go for a speaker. The Insignia Portable Wireless Speaker will start at $9 this Friday, down from $39. The Sony XB20 will also be half off, from $99 down to $49.

Beauty: Now that the leaves have changed color and winter’s arrived, the harsh weather is sure to wreck havoc on skin. To prevent dryness and irritation, a heavy-duty, yet gentle moisturizer is in store. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream contains shea butter, jojoba oil, a variety of fruit and root extracts and oils, and most importantly, star ingredients ceramide 3 and lipidure. Ceramides are crucial for restoring the natural water retention barrier in dry and dehydrated skin, and lipidure allows for higher moisturizing efficacy, also at the same time suppressing irritation, making the cream suitable for every skin type, especially sensitive, available for 20% off on Wishtrend this Friday.

Fashion: Cut the lines and shop online with Zara’s 30% site and storewide sale. Just when you think you’re done shopping, shop again at H&M, with 20% off plus free shipping. Pick yourself up a warm coat, pairs of sweats, and an ugly Christmas sweater. Complete the outfit with some good old Timberlands for 30% off, because nothing shouts “New York Winter!” quite like a pair of Timberlands.