Harrisites’ favorite vegan foods in New York City

As vegan diets are becoming more popular, restaurants are expanding their menus to offer more dishes that are free of animal products. Here are some student-favorite vegan foods in New York City:

Next Level Burger: Spicy Super Stacked Chicken Burger 

Located in Brooklyn, NY, Next Level Burger is a plant-based burger chain that offers organic vegan burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, and shakes. Sophomore Dipon Biswas enjoys their Spicy Super Stacked Chicken Burger because “it replicates the taste of actual chicken pretty well” and is “a great alternative if someone decides to go on a vegan diet.” If you are a fan of chicken, this burger will definitely satisfy your taste buds.

Auntie Anne’s: Pretzels

The Original, Cinnamon Sugar, Sweet Almond, Garlic, Jalapeno, and Raisin pretzels are vegan if you ask them to be made without butter. You can find them in almost every shopping mall in NYC including Queens Center Mall, Rego Center, and SkyView Center. Junior Kelly Liok likes that they are delicious and that she “can find them everywhere” since it’s “universal.”

by Chloe: Cinnamon Espresso Cookie 

by Chloe, a popular vegan restaurant, with locations at Rockefeller Center and Williamsburg, is “an inclusive and and loving plant-based community.” They serve burgers, sandwiches, sweets, salads, and beverages that are 100% vegan. Junior Fabiha Samiha’s favorite vegan fast food treat is the Cinnamon Espresso Cookie because it has a “unique taste… [and] retains such an amazing flavor that you wouldn’t even know that it’s vegan.”

Panera Bread: Asian Sesame Salad

Panera Bread is a popular chain restaurant that makes dishes without artificial preservatives and customizes existing options to make them vegan. Junior Alvin Zhou stated, “My favorite customizable dish is the Asian Sesame Salad… you can order it without the chicken and wontons.” 

If you’re interested in eating vegan, these community favorite dishes are a good place to start!