Food Festivals to visit in NYC this Fall

As the temperature drops and the scent of pumpkin spice lattes wafts through the chill air, it’s time to welcome the arrival of fall in NYC. The city is renowned for hosting food festivals, especially during the season of changing colors. Here are three food and drink festivals you won’t want to miss this season:

New York Coffee Festival (10/6-10/8)

Located in the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea, the New York Coffee festival is made for all coffee lovers looking for a taste of more than 100 local specialty coffee and tea brands. Some of the coffee brands to be featured are Blank Street, Coffee Project New York, Bluestone Lane, and Two Hands. This year’s festival will include many coffee related competitions and activities to participate in, including the new addition of a “Cocktail Masterclass,” where participants can learn the craft of mixology from elite mixologists. All proceeds from the festival are donated to Charity: Water, a nonprofit organization that works to supply clean drinking water to developing countries around the world. Tickets for admission are $12 for ages 10 to 16, and $45 for ages 17 and up on their website. 

EEEEEATSCON New York 2023 (10/7-10/8)

Situated in the Forest Hills Stadium, restaurants are the headline of EEEEEATSCON, a vibrant two-day gourmet extravaganza designed in the style of a music festival. EEEEEATSCON caters to people looking for more than just small samples and culinary demonstrations. It features several local restaurants as well as imports from all over the nation. Some of the vendors include Caracas Bakery, Dept. Of Culture, Hawksmoor NYC, and Potluck Club. In addition to the culinary delights, attendees can expect performances and insightful talks from notable figures, including actor Sarah Jessica Parker, renowned comedian Hasan Minhaj, and artist Saweetie. For the price of $34.52, attendees can enjoy a wide array of entertainment and food. 

Halloween Harvest Festival 2023 (10/28)

To embrace the spirit of Halloween this fall, a visit to the Harvest Festival at Socrates Sculpture Park would be just right. This year’s festivities return with the 3rd annual “Flight of the Gourds” pumpkin carving contest and compost catapult. The festival will feature New York’s second-largest dog costume contest, where furry friends can compete in the spookiest and most creative costumes for a chance to win prizes and bragging rights as the best-dressed pup. Attendees have the opportunity to participate in engaging workshops, lively performances, and a wide variety of food vendors. Stop by the Harvest Festival, free of charge, for a day filled with fun, creativity, and the true essence of Halloween.