Harrisites Share Their Favorite Spring Break Shows to Enjoy

There+are+a+variety+of+shows+for+Harrisites+to+enjoy+during+spring+break+
Angela You
There are a variety of shows for Harrisites to enjoy during spring break

With spring break approaching , many Harrisites find themselves with more free time to spend on their own interests. Many students are planning to binge-watch their favorite shows, movies, or dramas to stay entertained with this time. The Classic asked Harrisites about some of their favorite shows that can keep others company as students overcome the busiest semester of the year. 

Many students have subscriptions to streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Tubi which can be easily downloaded onto one’s TV or even their mobile device, making a variety of shows and movies easily accessible. With a wide variety of shows available to watch, many students look forward to exploring a range of genres and plots, from comedy to science fiction. 

Senior Danica Torres enjoys dramas, and said her favorite show to watch is I Am Not Okay With This, an American drama that aired in 2020. Danica said, “[The show is] about a girl, Sydney, [who] got powers through her feelings of anger. It’s a moving show that explores a coming-to-age story, but with supernatural twists. I enjoy watching the show and recommend it to anyone who is still exploring themself as a person.” Unfortunately, the show was later canceled due to COVID-related circumstances, which led Danica to download some of the episodes for herself. 

However, she is currently watching the show Degrassi: Next Generation which is a Canadian drama that follows the life of characters from the original show Degrassi.  “It’s a comfort show for me because even though it’s quite dated (with its first aired episode being in 2001), there’s almost never a boring moment,” said Danica. 

The story follows students who attend Degrassi Community School, many of whom face teenage challenges, such as bullying and puberty. “It’s an important watch for teens our age to be exposed to these issues and understand the solutions to them,” she added. 

Freshman Morghan Dalrymple enjoys dramas, with her favorite show being Outer Banks. “The show is about this group of teenagers who are considered the lower class of [an] island and they go through many different adventures to find [many] lost treasures,” says Morghan. 

She tends to watch a lot of TV in her spare time, but makes sure to put her academics first. “[I watch TV] multiple times a week,” added  Morghan, “Whenever I finish my homework during weekdays and weekends I’m always watching TV. The show keeps me invested with its plot twists and turns, so I never miss a beat with Outer Banks.” 

Other Harrisites however, look for adventure and whimsical moments in their entertainment. Junior Joshua Chung’s favorite show is Doctor Who, a British science fiction show which has been airing since 1963. “It’s about an alien named The Doctor [who] travels through all of time and space exploring the universe and helping those in need with his human companions,” said Josh. 

Since Doctor Who has been airing for such a long time, there are 26 seasons and Josh said he has yet to watch all of them. “I have over 60 years of episodes to watch,” he said.. “[Depending on my schedule] I watch TV irregularly, could be once a week to everyday to every other week,” he says. “It’s still a great watch for those who love science fiction and dark comedy.”

Picking up a new show is a great way to unwind this spring season, especially after the long month of March. Whether you want to relax or indulge in new entertainment, these recommendations are fitting for the upcoming Spring Break, and can be especially fun if watched with friends and family.