Harem pants are the versatile trend this season

Photo </a><figcaption id=Photo by Hallie Wolff

As the temperature makes its way into the 60s, so too do our summer trends make their way out of the recesses of our closets. Though we’ve already experienced the scalding sun and dizzying humidity that are characteristic of spring and summer, our dreams of finally bringing out the summer styles are often crushed by our responsibility to comply with Townsend Harris’s famous (or infamous) dress code.

Indeed these rules are restricting and can hinder our ability to dress for the weather, but there are many ways to stay cool while looking cool. Lucky for us, this season’s hottest trend, harem pants, is easy to wear, chic, and 100% THHS-approved. This pant comes in a variety of colors, patterns, fabrics, and price ranges. Both solids and fun patterns in cotton or silk look great paired with simple tees, sleeveless shell tops, or even light summer sweaters.

Sandals, slip-on sneakers, and espadrilles are the perfect shoes for these flowy pants, and even a simple wedged heel can take them from day to night. In order to avoid the pajama-like look, make sure that the pants have a straight fit without the sloppy slouching and bunching that results from an excess of fabric. Purchasing a pair of these it-pants is a necessity that can be worn through the end of the school year and into the summer, accompanying us to the beach, the boardwalk, and wherever the warm weather takes us.